You will be taught:
- Visualisation techniques
- Breathing techniques for each stage of labour
- Deep relaxation techniques and self-hypnosis
- Positions for active birthing
- How to feel empowered and confident to ask the right questions, which will allow you and your partner to make the right choices & feel informed about your baby and the birth of your baby.
- You will learn to trust your body, believe in yourself and know when it is appropriate to let medical staff intervene if that is necessary.
- You will learn how to breath in a way, which will help relax and calm both you and your baby and this will allow you to birth more easily and feel that you are in control.
- It will give you and your birth partner the confidence to work with the caregivers and you will learn how to trust your instincts and understand that they are usually correct.
- That birth partners usually have more influence when dealing with medical staff and are usually listened to in the first instance.
- That birth partners are able to think clearly about the information being given and can talk to you in a way, which is helpful and positive.
- How to plan for all eventualities.